Innovative planning solutions
Scott Lockrey has a Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (BURP) degree from the University of New England, is a corporate member of the Planning Institute of Australia (MPIA) and a Certified Practising Planner (CPP) and has over 21 years of professional planning experience.
Scott is the Managing Director of LPDS. Prior to forming LPDS in January 2006, Scott gained planning and development experience in the following roles:
- Contracting Planner with the Development Assessment Unit of the Department of Planning and Infrastructure;
- Planning and Development Manager for the Williams Group Development Company;
- Principal Planner at JBA Urban Planning Consultants;
- Assessments Officer at North Sydney Council; and
- Strategic and Asset Management Planner at the NSW Department of Housing, Western Regions, Orange.
Scott has an extensive range of experience in metropolitan, regional strategic planning, site specific land use planning, high level strategic advice and due diligence, study/project management, housing and land development policy, statutory planning (residential, commercial, industrial and special use development), urban estate design and masterplanning, stakeholder and community consultation.
He also has experience in managing complex multi disciplinary real estate, planning and development projects including the preparation of planning inputs for development studies, major projects, DA/SEE's (of all types) and rezoning (planning proposals)submissions. Scott has appeared as an expert witness in the NSW Land and Environment Court.
Scott has an interest in promoting innovative planning solutions to traditional land use conflicts. With his experience, he has developed a clear understanding of the issues faced by developers, land owners, the community and consent authorities.